Chevalier invests in and manages real estate as the property owner in the US. We select, engage and monitor qualified and licensed operators who carry out the management and day-to-day operations of senior housing facilities on our behalf.
In 2011, the Group entered into senior housing business in the US by acquiring 3 senior housing properties located in Oregon, namely, Laurelhurst Village, Farmington Square Beaverton and Farmington Square Gresham. A total of 336 beds and services ranging from assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, respite care and hospice care are provided to the seniors.
A significant development took place at the end of 2012 and in mid-2013 when the Group strengthened its position in the US senior housing market by acquiring a further 20 senior housing properties in North Carolina. These properties have an aggregate capacity of approximately 1,530 beds and provide services including assisted living and memory care.
These 23 senior housing properties offer comfortable and caring environments for the senior residents. Run by experienced organizations to provide a full range of exceptional senior living and care services. In addition to modern amenities and personalized care and support, services are well designed to accommodate different lifestyles.
The long-term outlook for the senior housing market is positive given the growing aged population and steady rise in healthcare expenditure in the US. It is anticipated that demand for senior housing will continue to increase.
These seniors care operations represent a good investment opportunity in view of their strong operation results, stable occupancy levels, low turnover rates, stable cash flow and capital appreciation potential in the future.
1. Laurelhurst Village, Portland
2. Farmington Square Beaverton, Beaverton
3. Farmington Square Gresham, Gresham
1. Albemarle House, Albemarle
2. Autumn Village, Beulaville
3. Canterbury House, Roxboro
4. Caswell House, Yanceyville
5. Cedar Mountain House, Brevard
6. Cherry Springs Village, Hendersonville
7. The Covington, Raleigh
8. Cranberry House, Newland
9. Edenton House, Edenton
10. Queen City Assisted Living, Charlotte
11. Hayesville House, Hayesville
12. Kingsbridge House, Brevard
13. Magnolia Creek, Winston-Salem
14. Oliver House, Wendell
15. Parc at Sharon Amity, Charlotte
16. The Magnolia, Clinton
17. Wellington House, Gastonia
18. Williamston House, Williamston
19. Windsor House, Windsor
20. Yancey House, Burnsville
Tel: (852) 2111 4921